RE: [OKGIS] Digital Plat Data Sources (inexpensive)

  • From: "Robert Stokes" <robert-stokes@cherokee.org>
  • To: "Oklahoma GIS Community" <okgis@gis.gis.ou.edu>
  • Subject: RE: [OKGIS] Digital Plat Data Sources (inexpensive)
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:56:10 -0600

I am pretty sure that PVPlus sells their digital ownership data and they also have an ownership product (QPB) that they do update fairly frequently, but it is not GIS integrate-able (Thank-you, Mr. President). Contact them and they can quote you for the area you need in shapefile format. I think Topographic.com (http://www.topographic.com/mapping_data.htm) sells a digital land grid (PLSS) for Oklahoma that updates the 1:24000 USGS. You may be able to get away with using the PLSS layer at geo.ou.edu… Topographic also has some digital cultural and county data available. Someone else will have to attest to the other data needed. There may be pockets of users with expertise in specific areas related to your field that may chime in…then again they may not…

As far as costs go, you are probably not going to like it…

Robert Stokes
GIS Administrator

Cherokee Nation GeoData Center
P.O. Box 948