[OKGIS] From Deral Paulk, PLS OK City of Lawton Land Surveyor

  • From: "Shellie Willoughby" <shellie.willoughby@conservation.ok.gov>
  • To: "Shellie Willoughby" <shellie.willoughby@conservation.ok.gov>
  • Subject: [OKGIS] From Deral Paulk, PLS OK City of Lawton Land Surveyor
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 08:04:48 -0600

From: Deral Paulk [mailto:dpaulk@cityof.lawton.ok.us]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 7:31 AM
To: Shellie Willoughby

Good Morning Shellie,

As you are surely aware, the NGS (National Geodetic Survey) has released the latest national adjustment called NSRS(2007).

This can have significant impact on all spatial data users. They also have sent out for review their 10 year plan proposal for review and comment. I’ve provided the link.

One thing missing in Oklahoma is a State Geodetic Advisor. I would like to see this on the GIS agenda for discussion. It’s an important post and will only get more critical in the future.

Maybe even send out to your mailing list this e-mail from me and see if there others with comments or suggestions. I would think ODOT would be very involved and concerned since they operate most of our state CORS sites.

http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/INFO/tenyearnews.shtml

Deral Paulk, PLS Oklahoma

City of Lawton Land Surveyor

  • [OKGIS] From Deral Paulk, PLS OK City of Lawton Land Surveyor, Shellie Willoughby, 02/26/2007