RE: [OKGIS] Moving projects

  • From: "Sara Cobb" <Sara.Cobb@edmondok.com>
  • To: "Oklahoma GIS Community" <okgis@gis.gis.ou.edu>
  • Subject: RE: [OKGIS] Moving projects
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:14:32 -0600

The following came in from the ESRI-L...not sure it applies, but it is an interesting technique.

Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:03:39 -0600

From: "Perez, Abel" <Abel.Perez@AA.COM>

Subject: [SUM] Distribute Shapefile and Layer file

I received pretty much the same response from several users. I just created a temporary map and then went to the menu "File>Document Properties". In the "Data Source Options" I then set to store relative paths. I loaded my data and tweaked the layers to how I wanted them to look. I then saved the layers as a layer file. The layer file inherits the relative path setting from the map so the layer file is saved with relative paths. I tested it and that seems to work like I wanted. Thanks to all who helped.

Rgds

Abel G. Perez

Operations Engineer

Enroute Performance Engineering