[OKGIS] Oklahoma data warehouse map service

  • From: "Yuan, May" <myuan@ou.edu>
  • To: "okgis@gis.ou.edu" <okgis@gis.gis.ou.edu>
  • Subject: [OKGIS] Oklahoma data warehouse map service
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:48:15 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Dear List,

Center for Spatial Analysis has implemented an ArcGIS Server site for Oklahoma Data Warehouse Map Service. The site is accessible in two ways:

1.       Via a web browser (Internet Explorer preferred): http://geosphere.csa.ou.edu/Data_Warehouse

2.       Via ArcCatalog

a.       GIS Servers > Add ArcGIS Servers

b.      Choose Use GIS Services

c.       Choose Internet Server URL http://geosphere.csa.ou.edu/arcgis/services

d.      Enter username: okgis

e.      Enter password: okgis

f.        You may check “save username/password” so that you don’t need to enter the information in future connections

g.       Once you have connected the map services in ArcCatalog, you can drag it to ArcMap for mapping and analysis

Images are current not included in the new map services for performance reasons. However, image data are available at the old data warehouse site, and we are examining ways to overcome the performance issues on image data. Both the new site and the old state GIS data warehouse are available via our website http://csa.ou.edu. Meanwhile, we at CSA are doing research on Internet GIS services and applications, so efforts are under way to improve the site.  We welcome your comments and suggestions.

Regards

May Yuan

Director and Professor

Center for Spatial Analysis