RE: [OKGIS] Contour data

  • From: "Todd Fagin" <tfagin@coordinatesolutions.com>
  • To: "'Oklahoma GIS Community'" <okgis@gis.gis.ou.edu>
  • Subject: RE: [OKGIS] Contour data
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:58:36 -0500

You can download both 10m (1/3 arc second) and 30 m (1 arc second) DEMs from the USGS.  (They may even have 3 m (1/9 arc second) for you area).

http://seamless.usgs.gov/website/seamless/viewer.htm

You can then generate the contours from the DEM(s).

Downloading is pretty straight forward.  David Wheelock wrote some excellent instructions a while back which are available in the OKGIS archive.

Todd Fagin

Coordinate Solutions, Inc.

2804 NW 18th St.

Oklahoma City, OK 73107