[okgis] Queries

  • From: "K C Spain" <kcspain@stephenspro.com>
  • To: "GIS Users Forum" <gisusersforum@eciolist.state.ar.us>, "Oklahoma GIS Community" <okgis@gis.gis.ou.edu>
  • Subject: [okgis] Queries
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:45:09 -0600

Hello and Happy Holidays.

I’m sure as most of you know, I am still quite an amateur at this. I haven’t had to deal with queries until now and I feel these questions are going to be difficult for me to put into the right words, so bear with me. I have learned recently that my ‘higher-ups’ wish to implement some querying in my GIS. For example, Wells (points) within ‘specific’ school zones (polygons). The school zones are in one layer but are identified with unique values, ‘name’, as are the wells. Also, I will be needing to query where my pipelines cross, in Streetmap USA, ‘Streets and Highways’, ‘roads’, ‘railroads’, ‘water’ etc.. And does anyone know if and how these queries would carry over to my web application? I have looked at the Query Builder and I am not seeing exactly what I’m looking for. If anyone could shed some light on the subject for me or point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks….

K.C. Spain

Tech. Asst.

Stephens Production Co.

623 Garrison Ave., P.O. Box 2407

Fort Smith, AR.   72902

kcspain@stephenspro.com

ph.  (479) 783-4191 ext.206

fax  (479) 424-1344

This e-mail (and attachments if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is priviledged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, disclosure, copying, distributing, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the e-mail (and attachments if any).