[okgis] lat long tool

  • From: "Amy Brandley" <brandleya@canadiancounty.org>
  • To: <okgis@gis.ou.edu>
  • Subject: [okgis] lat long tool
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 12:51:20 -0600

Dear List,

I used to have a button tool on my ArcEditor, where i could click on a location with the Select Elements Tool (black arrow) and the lat/long would pop up in a window. The file extension for the tool is .dll. However, I got a new computer and cannot install this tool. i go to Tools/Customize/Add from file, find the tool and click open, but then i get the message "No new objects added".

so does anyone know how to get this tool to work, or another way to get the lat/long of a location? I have the Go To XY tool, but that does the opposite of what i want for this task.

Thanks!
Amy

Amy Brandley, CFM
Floodplain Administrator