[okgis] Chlorophyll and Plant Pigments measurements

  • From: Biradar Chandrashekhar <c.biradar AT gmail.com>
  • To: okgis AT gis.ou.edu
  • Cc: "Chandrashekhar Biradar, OU" <Chandra.Biradar AT ou.edu>
  • Subject: [okgis] Chlorophyll and Plant Pigments measurements
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:09:38 -0500

Dear Chlorophyll and Plant Pigment experts,

We are setting up a lab (Experimental Remote Sensing Facility) at OU, plant measurements is one of the component (especially chlorophyll and water leaf content) to link with satellite measurements.

...found a lot of literature that use High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) to do the pigment extraction, However in many lab procedures, they use different approaches and different constants. I was wondering if you are doing any such analysis or someone you know who does something like that. In your opinion, which is the best procedure to use to measure chlorophyll content? any one has practical experience with using Photospectrometers (20 D+) and recommendations.... I appreciate your suggestions.

Thank you -Chandra

_________________________________

Chandrashekhar Biradar, Ph.D.

Center for Spatial Analysis, College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences

Department of Botany and Microbiology, College of Arts and Sciences

University of Oklahoma

101 David L. Boren Blvd.

Norman, Oklahoma 73019-5300, USA

P | 405.325.5568

F | 405.325.3442

E | chandra.biradar AT ou.edu

http://www.eomf.ou.edu; www.geohealth.ou.edu

  • [okgis] Chlorophyll and Plant Pigments measurements, Biradar Chandrashekhar, 06/26/2009