[okgis] {Disarmed} Webinar - LightSquared and GPS: Our Story So Far

  • From: "Sheila Wilson" <swilson AT gisci.org>
  • To: <okgis AT gis.ou.edu>, <gisco AT lists.Colorado.EDU>
  • Subject: [okgis] {Disarmed} Webinar - LightSquared and GPS: Our Story So Far
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 08:06:24 -0500

Title: GPSWorld: Market Insights Webinar Series

Here’s a webinar that will be of interest for those following the LightSquared issue.

Sheila

Sheila Wilson, Ph.D., GISP

Executive Director

GIS Certification Institute

www.gisci.org

swilson AT gisci.org

918-246-0328

If everything could be different, what might have to remain unchanged?

- F. W. Faller

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender.

GPS World Market Insights Webinar Series

LightSquared and GPS: Our Story So Far

"GPS has become a key component of the U.S. national infrastructure, the driver of a significant part of the civilian economies of the world, and the enabler of millions of professional precision uses and consumer benefits. The viability of the GPS signal is now threatened - ironically by what appears to be a misguided attempt to increase accessibility to broadband by creating a needless zero-sum result for customers who want both services."
- Joe Paiva "Act Now to Protect GPS Signal," GPS World, March 2011

Register Now