[okgis] Career changer looking for assistance...

  • From: Michael Stelly <mjstelly AT gmail.com>
  • To: okgis AT gis.ou.edu
  • Subject: [okgis] Career changer looking for assistance...
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 10:27:33 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all,

I am currently enrolled in the GIS Certificate program at Tulsa Community
College. I've been involved in Information Technology for the last 14 years,
but have decided to pursue GIS as a refinement of my skill set. What I need is
help breaking into the industry itself. I have few industry contacts and
really
have no idea who is hiring or what I need to get my foot in the door of a
hiring company.

If anyone is in the position to hire or knows someone who is looking for a
tech-savvy GIS initiate in the northeast Oklahoma region, please let me know
or
direct them to me. My email address is
mjstelly AT gmail.com.

I'm not sure if this is the correct venue for my post. If not, please direct
me
to one that is more appropriate. I appreciate your input.

Sincerely,
Michael Stelly