Re: [okgis] USGS Monitoring Wells

  • From: "S. Jerrod Smith" <sjsmith AT usgs.gov>
  • To: okgis AT gis.ou.edu
  • Cc: Mr. Jason Masoner <jmasoner AT usgs.gov>, Samuel Rendon <srendon AT usgs.gov>
  • Subject: Re: [okgis] USGS Monitoring Wells
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 09:33:45 -0500

Anthony,

We recently launched a new mapping application showing USGS stations. The sites can be exported in a variety of formats including csv, shp, and kml. The mapping application also contains links to data, though our interface is somewhat complicated when it comes to retrieving water quality parameters. Don't miss the expandable box (collapsed by default) across the bottom of the mapper. That's where you'll find details on the sites. You can also click on individual sites to bring up station names and numbers. I hope this link helps.

http://maps.waterdata.usgs.gov/mapper/?state=ok

I'm copying Jason Masoner on this email. He manages our Norman Landfill research site. This is the big cluster of wells you'll see on the map in south Norman near the river. Jason may be able to provide a link to additional information for the research site.

Also, Sam Rendon and I have been involved in projects in the Norman area that collected samples from Norman public-supply wells. If you're looking for information on specific sites from those studies, we'd be happy to help you find what you need.

Jerrod
S. Jerrod Smith
U.S. Geological Survey
202 NW 66th, Building 7