[okgis] RE: Issues Copying Apps in ArcGIS Online

  • From: Jeremy Planteen <jplanteen AT odot.org>
  • To: "okgis AT orion.csa.ou.edu" <okgis AT orion.csa.ou.edu>
  • Subject: [okgis] RE: Issues Copying Apps in ArcGIS Online
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 16:16:34 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I don’t think this can be done because the underlying JSON establishes a unique 4-digit identifier and appends it to the layer name for those constituent layers based on the source web map.

For example, a layer named ‘MyLayer,’ once added to a web map, might be referenced as “MyLayer_2434” in the web map code.  When the widget is configured, it looks for that layer name (“MyLayer_2434”) in the web map id stored in the application.  If the web map changes, those id’s will be different and, subsequently, the tools can’t find them.  The apps as a whole aren’t really designed to swap maps in and out like that.

Jeremy Planteen, GISP
GIS Manager I
Oklahoma Department of Transportation
Strategic Asset & Performance Management Division
200 N.E. 21st Street, RM 3A7
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
Phone-405-521-2729, Fax-405-521-6917