[okgis] Oklahoma Contours?

  • From: Jeremy Nickel <jnickel AT enid.org>
  • To: "okgis AT gis.ou.edu" <okgis AT gis.ou.edu>
  • Subject: [okgis] Oklahoma Contours?
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 17:24:56 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I am trying to generate contours with 2 feet intervals for an area in Woods County.

I am using the Spatial Analyst Toolbar with a 1 meter DEM I downloaded from USGS as my input raster.

I clipped the raster data and converted from meters to feet.

I run this process;

The process creates my contours, however when I comapre it to a 10 meter statewide shapefile I downloaded from OKMaps, it does not look correct. The blue contours are from OKMap’s download. The contours I generated are shown in red;

Should I be using a different dataset for my Input raster?

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

By chance would anyone have contours for Woods County with 2 ft intervals?

Thank you

Jeremy Nickel

GIS Analyst

T/F: 580.616.7203 ½ jnickel AT enid.org