[okgis] RE: Issues Copying Apps in ArcGIS Online

  • From: "Street, Wesley" <westreet AT easi.com>
  • To: "okgis AT gis.ou.edu" <okgis AT gis.ou.edu>
  • Subject: [okgis] RE: Issues Copying Apps in ArcGIS Online
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 18:08:31 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

I thank everyone for their responses.  It was really informative as to some of the behind the scenes working of ArcGIS Online.  I think I may have figured out a simple solution.  I will try it for my next project.  I am going to build a master map and app.  From there copy the app and use the Layer List widget to remove the non-relevant information.  Also add the basemap widget and change the basemap for one app, then remove the widget and save the app.  There is some variance in the configuration of widgets from app to app but it will save the time of reconfiguring the same 10 things every time in a half dozen widgets across multiple apps.  Easier to do everything once and change what is required by subtraction.  Also should save some time in the building of a single map instead of several.  I hope to start me next project today or tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Wesley

EASi

Wesley Street

GIS Technician III